My goal is a humble one. I want to make more than I consume. I initially thought "try to make something every day," but that's probably unrealistic, even though my definition of "making" is going to be broad. So far, in the new year, the things I have made are: a blog post, a kale and artichoke gratin, a mixed media photo collage, and a butterfly garden plan. Side note: did you know that the preferred food for some butterflies is manure? True. They also like carrion and rotting fruit.
10 Things I Want to Make This Year
1. a short story (or two)
2. a backyard bird guide book for E. with illustrations and tips about certain kinds of birds
3. a terrarium (with sand and succulents)
4. a sketch for our side yard layout/plans for pergola
5. a mason bee house
6. an outline of my book idea (about the captivity)
7. a pie entirely from scratch
8. a book (I want to sew the cover, choose the pages, etc) for journaling
9. a butterfly puddling area
10. potato cage (I want to grow enough of our own potatoes to survive any zombie apocalypses)
Ought to keep me busy.