Friday, January 16, 2015
I often joke that I could be quite happy living in a tree house or cave somewhere (as long as I had access to books, of course. And Mr. F. And my dogs.).
It's partly because, strangely enough considering my profession, I don't really see myself as a people person.
And partly because I am easily amused and pleased. These are some of the (mostly free)
simple pleasures in my life.
1. Crushing acorns beneath my feet (herald of autumn)
2. Re-reading a favorite book
3. Relaxing and listening to a new album
4. Dog warm spots on bed
5. Opening a new package of pens
6. Baking something from scratch (like scones or apple gingerbread cake), which I do rarely
7. Saturday morning tacos
8. That feeling when everyone in class is concentrating on writing and all you hear is the gentle striking of the computer keys
9. Making a class (or at least most of a class) laugh
11. Puns (I completely disagree with those who argue that puns are the lowest form of humor).
12. The return of the cedar waxwings in mid-January each year