Monday, March 2, 2015

Who wants to get sued?

Yeah, me neither.  Which is why I will be showing you guys (in class today) how to find and use photos that are copyright-free, as well as how to cite them.  

The birds were super-active at the Fritch household this weekend.  I count my species from year to year (cause I'm cool like that) and the two below are ones that have never landed at my site before.  Yeah, baby.  


Look at the phoebe's dashing little cap!  And the waxwings--they fly in a chattering flock, so you can always hear them coming.  They move about the neighborhood in the winter months and are a perennial favorite of mine.  Love their sleek black masks and their communal nature.  

Overall count for yesterday=13 different species, including four (perhaps five) different types of woodpeckers.  And for one breath-taking moment there were at least six woodpeckers on site, including a pair of golden-fronted ones.  Please, whoever is listening, let them make baby woodpeckers and raise them in my oaks.  


Cedar waxwing pair {Bombycilla cedorum} feed on china berry,...
CEDAR WAXWING . Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 2 Mar 2015. 
http://quest.eb.com/#/search/138_1062622/1/138_1062622/cite
Eastern phoebe (Sayornis phoebe) in Sneads Ferry, North...
Eastern Phoebe. Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 2 Mar 2015. 
http://quest.eb.com/#/search/139_1919334/1/139_1919334/cite

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand....
    The purpose of this post is to inform us on how to site or take our own pictures however only examples are given.... Well anyway;
    Neat! Have all the birds come back though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see. I was unclear there. Fixed that bit of confusion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete