Monday, October 13, 2014

Woe is Me

Pretend I'm a real human being, and not just an English teacher who effortlessly churns out grist for the ole blog mill. 

This is one of those times where I have tons of ideas of things to write about, but can not seem to settle on one.  I have four draft blog posts right now, but am finding it difficult to commit.   

I have ones started about: types of English teachers; how to train therapy-assisted dogs; simple pleasures; and what it means to be an introvert in a world that values extroverts.  

I know I have slacked off on my "Self, you will post once a week" guideline and if anything, that increases the pressure to create something especially beautiful or meaningful.  (Hint: that does not occur with this post.)

Side note: an English teacher I had once wrote on my paper the comment, "Too shallow." That has lingered with me and is one thing that tends to hold me back as a writer--the fear that what I have to say lacks depth.  

At the same time, I don't really regret that she did that as it has made me aware of how much impact one thoughtless (non-constructive) comment can hurt.   At the time, though, it crushed me as one thing I'd always been told (often NOT as a compliment) was, "You're so sensitive."


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand (post comes to a screeching halt).

This is what has happens in all my attempted posts lately.  I get to a certain point and I don't know where to go next and then I start thinking, "Ackkkkkk.  Who cares anyways?" And then I just save it as a draft.  But not this bad boy--gonna publish this sucker and hope that actually completing a post helps me figure out what to do next.


As usual, K.V. says it best.










No comments:

Post a Comment